Our long term objective is job creation and diversification of the local economy.
The Entrepreneurial Center is a business incubator, one of thirteen in Alabama. It is our goal to encourage and promote small business creation and entrepreneurship in the community.
Start-up companies as well as established businesses who wish to begin a local presence in the community locate in our facility. As they grow and tweak their business model into (hopefully) a viable entity, they then move out of the incubator into the broader community. Our facility is 40,000 square feet broken out into 20,000 square feet of offices and commons areas, and 20,000 square feet of light manufacturing/warehouse spaces.
We mitigate the risk of starting a business while offering amenities and conveniences that help business owners save start-up capital that can then be used for their core business operations . Business owners are able to ‘hit the ground running’ and accelerate the process of growing their company.
We accomplish this by offering the following:
- High-profile professional location close to major interstate
- Short-term leases with turn-key ready space
- Power included with rent
- Shared equipment such as copier/fax/scanner and audio/visual equipment
- High speed Wi-Fi and phone system
- Use of Conference room (accommodates 20)
- Fully-stocked restrooms and complimentary coffee
- Break rooms and vending machines
- Office furniture as available
- Shared loading dock
- PO Box mail delivery and pickup
- Small package shipping via UPS and FedEx
- Networking opportunities with other companies in the incubator
- Workshops and seminars on pertinent business topics
- Referrals to community leaders and other professionals